Healthcare professionals are now interacting with more members of the LGBTQ+ community in their practices. How comfortable are you with engaging your patients and their families in conversations regarding sexuality and gender? Do you know and understand the current words and definitions used by the LGTBQ+ community?
Do you understand what an ally is? Can you describe the differences between diversity and inclusion? During this session, Teresa will lead discussions on these topics and help engage you in activities that will allow you to reflect on your own knowledge and thoughts around your LGBTQ+ patients. At the end of this session, you will be “Safe Zone” trained. Teresa will also explore how you can bring about change in your institution to increase inclusion and provide better patient and family experiences.
- Paper Presentation: Supportive Care/Quality Improvement — Beyond Words: Expressing Hope Through Creative Art Among Adolescents Who Have Advanced Cancer (216-3)
- Stopping the Flow: Management of Heavy Menstrual Bleeding and Menstrual Concerns in Adolescent Females with Bleeding and Clotting Disorders (226)
- General Session: Promoting Resilience in Children with Cancer and their Families (103)
- Navigating Ethics in Real World Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Nursing Practice (224)
- No Easy Target! What’s new in AML Therapy? (225)
- Teresa Conte, PhD CPNP
- $110 for members
$140 for nonmembers
- CNE Hours: