This workshop provides pediatric hematology/oncology nurses the opportunity to explore resiliency and self-care through self-assessments, individualized self-care planning and participation in a variety of experiential learning opportunities that strengthen resiliency by guarding against compassion fatigue, moral distress, vicarious trauma, and burnout.
Attendees of this workshop will:
- Consider the effects of their work on personal levels of stress, anxiety and coping
- Receive evidenced-based education regarding compassion fatigue, moral distress, vicarious trauma, stress and burnout
- Participate in activities that promote reflection, relaxation, and restoration
- Develop their own plan for self-care management and resiliency building
Interested attendees must complete and submit the Self-Care Course application form. Registration and application for this preconference course must be received no later than Friday, July 28, 2017.
This course is limited to the first 100 registrants. Lunch will be provided.
APHON thanks the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society for their generous support of this event.
- Opening Keynote: Secrets Everyone in Health Care Needs to Know (101)
- General Session: International Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Nursing Initiatives: Challenges and Opportunities (102)
- A Sustainable Community Engagement Program Model to Address Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation Education Needs for Patients with Sickle Cell Disease (201)
- The First 6 months: Health Care in the United States under a new President (213)
- BMT Sim Lab: Building Safety, Motivating Learning, Helping with Transition (215)