The APHON Pediatric Chemotherapy and Biotherapy Instructor Course is designed for any nurse who has completed the provider course and meets the qualifications to be trained to teach the course. This course provides general instruction in adult education, guidance in the planning of lectures based on the APHON program content, and instruction in administering the provider exam. Successful completion allows nurses to return to their institutions as recognized APHON Pediatric Chemotherapy and Biotherapy Instructors who are able to provide ongoing instruction and education to other registered nurses.
Prerequisites are necessary to be accepted into this course. Interested attendees must complete a course application. The completed application must be submitted online along with your curriculum vitae. You must apply and be approved to participate in the instructor course prior to registering and submitting payment.
Applications must be received no later than Friday, July 30. Applications submitted the necessary prerequisites will not be accepted, and you will not be able to reserve a space in this course. Applications will be handled on a first come, first-served basis. This course is limited to the first 75 participants. Lunch will be provided.
- Creating a Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Manuscript to Submit for Publication in a Nursing Journal (003)
- Opening Keynote: Never Ever Give Up! (101)
- Managing Depression and Anxiety in Childhood Cancer (212)
- Improving Access to Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation Clinical Trials for Patients with Sickle Cell Disease (214)
- Paper Presentation: Supporting Parents Across the Treatment Continuum — Reasons, Hopes, Risks, Expectations: Qualitative Interviews of Parents Consenting to Genomic Sequencing for their Child (204-1)