Occasionally, the desires of the AYA may differ from those of the parents, leading to moral distress and discomfort for the nurse. Innovative tools are available to assist the nurse in eliciting the AYAs’ wishes to ensure their goals can be achieved. This workshop will utilize an interactive approach to role play common AYA clinical situations and conversations to develop strategies to engage AYAs in discussions about prognosis, hopes, worries, goals of care, treatment preferences, and spirituality. Methods of advance care planning will include interactive gaming and group discussion. The goal of this workshop is to expand the nurse’s confidence in engaging AYAs in crucial conversations, leading to improved coping throughout the trajectory of the disease and treatment using innovative tools and communication strategies.
- Opening Keynote: Secrets Everyone in Health Care Needs to Know (101)
- General Session: International Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Nursing Initiatives: Challenges and Opportunities (102)
- It's All GREEK To Me! The NEPENTHE Trial for Relapsed/Refractory Neuroblastoma; Personalized Molecularly Targeted Treatment (200)
- A Sustainable Community Engagement Program Model to Address Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation Education Needs for Patients with Sickle Cell Disease (201)
- Nursing Management for the Successful Application of the Chimeric Antigen Receptor (CAR) T-Cell Immunotherapy (212)