The 4th edition of the APHON Chemotherapy and Biotherapy Curriculum was published earlier this year. Extensive updates to the 4th edition book and live instructor course created a need to provide ongoing support for the 550 instructors as they familiarize themselves with the updated content and revised lectures. Central to the updated material is a focus on interactive teaching strategies.
Every lecture incorporates activities designed to engage participants in the learning experience. As part of the Chemotherapy-Biotherapy Program Committee’s commitment to ongoing support to instructors, this concurrent session will give instructors more hands-on opportunities to navigate the options for lecture activities and allow them to rehearse new content with the support of other instructors from across the country.
- Paper Presentation: Education Across the Cancer Care Continuum — Evidence-Based Interprofessional Palliative Care Education: Lessons for Pediatric Oncology Clinicians (204-2)
- Engaging Pediatric Oncology Nurses in Multi-Site Clinical Trials (C234)
- Beyond the Cure: The Children’s Oncology Group Uses Evidence and Clinical Trials to Study Late Effects in Childhood Cancer Survivors (C229)
- Shaping the Future with Clinical Trials: Empowered Nurses a Key to their Success (C223)
- Livers, Kidneys, and Germ Cells – Oh My! Helping Nurses Understand the Children’s Oncology Group Approach to Unique Childhood Cancers (C217)