Shannon Bahrke was born and raised in Lake Tahoe, CA, and moved to Salt Lake City, UT in 1998 to pursue her dreams of earning a spot on the U.S. Ski Team and ultimately competing for the USA at the Winter Olympic Games. She made the U.S. Ski Team that very same year and continued on the path of success for the next twelve years. She competed on 6 World Championship Teams, 3 Olympic Teams, brought home 2 Olympic Medals, 7 World Cup wins, 1 Overall World Cup Title, and 6 National Titles.
Since her retirement in 2010 she and her husband, Matt, opened their first company, Silver Bean Coffee, which they sold in 2013. She wrote a children’s book titled “Mommy, Why Is Your Hair Pink?” and launched a leadership development team building company called Team Empower Hour. She was also named a 2019 Utah Business Forty Under 40 award winner! She continues to keep her plate full by integrating Team Empower Hour into a multitude of businesses, delivering inspirational keynotes around the globe, working as a Ski Champion for Deer Valley, and raising a 7-year-old little girl named Zoe and a 2-year-old boy named Tucker.
• Utah Sports Commission – Executive Advisory Committee member
• Salt Lake City-Utah Committee for the Games – Board member
• TAG Ranch – Board of Directors member
• Youth Sports Alliance – Advisory Board member
• Tedx Speaker, March 2021
• Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Business Graduate
• Youth Olympic Games, Innsbruck AUT- Ambassador
- Closing Keynote: Dream. Believe. Achieve! (104)
- Shannon Bahrke, Inc.
- Salt Lake City, Utah