The APHON Pediatric Chemotherapy and Biotherapy Instructor Course is designed for any nurse who has completed the provider course and meets the qualifications to be trained to teach the course. This course provides general instruction in adult education, guidance in the planning of lectures based on the APHON program content, and instruction in administering the provider exam. Upon successful completion, nurses return to their institutions as recognized APHON Pediatric Chemotherapy and Biotherapy Instructors who are able to provide ongoing instruction and education to other registered nurses.
The Instructor Course is open to nurses who:
- are licensed, registered nurses
- are current APHON Pediatric Chemotherapy and Biotherapy Providers
- are APHON members*
- has two years of clinical experience
- are current Certified Pediatric Oncology Nurses (CPON®) or Certified Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Nurses (CPHON®)
- has a bachelor's degree or higher (preferred)
*If you are not currently an APHON member, you may join before registering.
*Note that the eligibility of each registrant will be verified. APHON reserves the right to cancel the registration of any participant that does not meet the above criteria. APHON will issue a refund if a registrant does not meet all of the eligibility criteria. All registrations must be received by Friday, October 1, for this course. This course is limited to 75 participants. Applications will be handled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Paper Presentation: Supportive Care/Quality Improvement — Beyond Words: Expressing Hope Through Creative Art Among Adolescents Who Have Advanced Cancer (216-3)
- Stopping the Flow: Management of Heavy Menstrual Bleeding and Menstrual Concerns in Adolescent Females with Bleeding and Clotting Disorders (226)
- General Session: Promoting Resilience in Children with Cancer and their Families (103)
- Navigating Ethics in Real World Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Nursing Practice (224)
- No Easy Target! What’s new in AML Therapy? (225)