The Local Chapter Committee liaisons and chapter leaders will convene to discuss topics that affect the functioning of local chapters, such as education, recruitment and retention, fundraising, and community service. Topics will be discussed in a round table manner and then presented to the whole group.
Attendees will be able to take this knowledge back to their local chapters to continue forward-thinking momentum and recruitment of new members, retain seasoned members, and implement a variety of fundraising and community projects for the families of pediatric hematology/oncology patients. APHON members interested in starting a new chapter will be exposed to the getting started process and have the opportunity to gain insight on the chapter formation process. All liaisons will be able to network with their local covered chapters to discover any potential issues and share helpful knowledge about navigating rules and requirements for local chapters. We will discuss how to reformat and include innovative measures in strategy meetings to encourage participation from new and seasoned members and to meet the vision and goals of APHON’s national organization.
- Paper Presentation: Supportive Care/Quality Improvement — Beyond Words: Expressing Hope Through Creative Art Among Adolescents Who Have Advanced Cancer (216-3)
- Stopping the Flow: Management of Heavy Menstrual Bleeding and Menstrual Concerns in Adolescent Females with Bleeding and Clotting Disorders (226)
- General Session: Promoting Resilience in Children with Cancer and their Families (103)
- Navigating Ethics in Real World Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Nursing Practice (224)
- No Easy Target! What’s new in AML Therapy? (225)