7:30 – 8:45 am CNE Presentation
Please note that the breakfast has reached the max capacity.
Wendy S. Harpham is a doctor of internal medicine, 27-year cancer survivor, best-selling author, nationally recognized speaker and patient advocate. From both sides of the stethoscope, Wendy has used her useful perspective to help patients become Healthy Survivors -- namely, survivors who get good care and live as fully as possible.
Since her diagnosis, Wendy has played an important role in raising awareness among clinicians and in empowering patients to talk with their healthcare team about the challenges of survivorship, such as coping with post-treatment fatigue, raising healthy children when a parent has cancer, and participating in clinical trials.
Motivated by her commitment to fostering healing clinician-patient bonds, Wendy's latest projects focus on helping patients both nourish healthy hopes and narrow the gap between knowing what to do and actually doing it.
*Please note that while this optional event is included in the conference fee, selecting the event on the registration form is required to attend. Space is limited to the first 300 certified hematology/oncology/BMT nurses who register.
APHON thanks ONCC for their generous support of this event.
- Asparaginase Toxicities in ALL: Rapid Identification, Management, and Patient/Family Partnerships to Improve Outcomes (SY3)
- Opening Keynote: Never Ever Give Up! (101)
- General Session: Oral Medicine for Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Nursing (102)
- Going Viral: Review of Viral Illness and Antiviral Therapy in Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant Pediatric Patients (200)
- Management of Retinoblastoma in 2018: A Nursing Perspective (201)
- Wendy S. Harpham, MD