The APHON Pediatric Chemotherapy and Biotherapy Instructor Course is designed for any nurse who has completed the provider course and meets the qualifications to be trained to teach the course. This course provides general instruction in adult education, guidance in the planning of lectures based on the APHON program content, and instruction in administering the provider exam. Upon successful completion, nurses return to their institutions as recognized APHON Pediatric Chemotherapy and Biotherapy Instructors who can provide ongoing instruction and education to other registered nurses.
Prerequisites are necessary to be accepted into this course*. This course is an extra-fee event that is open to nurses who:
- is a licensed registered nurse
- is a current APHON Pediatric Chemotherapy and Biotherapy Provider
- is an APHON member*
- has two years of clinical experience
- is a current Certified Pediatric Oncology Nurse (CPON®) or Certified Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Nurse (CPHON®)
- has a bachelor's degree or higher (preferred)
*Note that the eligibility of each registrant will be verified. APHON reserves the right to cancel the registration of any participant that does not meet the above criteria. APHON will issue a refund if a registrant does not meet all of the eligibility criteria. All registrations must be received by Monday, August 24, for this course. This course is limited to 75 participants. Applications will be handled on a first-come, first-served base.