The Local Chapter Committee Liaisons and Chapter Leaders will convene to discuss topics such as fundraising, community service, education, and recruitment and retention that affect the functioning of Local Chapters. These will be discussed in a round table manner and then presented to the whole group. Attendees will be able to take this knowledge back to their local chapters and continue forward thinking momentum, recruitment of new members, retain seasoned members, and implement a variety of fundraising and community projects for pediatric hematology and oncology families. APHON members interested in starting a new chapter will be exposed to the “Getting Started” process and a new bylaws mentoring round table will be added. All liaisons will be able to network with their local covered chapters to discover any potential issues and helpful knowledge in navigating rules and requirements for local chapters. We will discuss how to reformat and include innovative measures in the strategy meeting to encourage participation from new and seasoned members and to meet National APHON vision and goals.
- Creating a Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Manuscript to Submit for Publication in a Nursing Journal (003)
- Opening Keynote: Never Ever Give Up! (101)
- General Session: Oral Medicine for Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Nursing (102)
- Going Viral: Review of Viral Illness and Antiviral Therapy in Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant Pediatric Patients (200)
- Management of Retinoblastoma in 2018: A Nursing Perspective (201)