While the caring professions reap an abundance of benefits in the realms of compassion satisfaction and relationship building, they are also at risk for a multiplicity of professional pitfalls, such as moral distress, vicarious trauma, compassion fatigue, and burnout. Oftentimes individuals fail to make the connection between self-care and professional satisfaction. This workshop will discuss the importance of resiliency and self-care through lecture, hands-on activities and reflection.
- Creating a Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Manuscript to Submit for Publication in a Nursing Journal (003)
- Opening Keynote: Never Ever Give Up! (101)
- General Session: Oral Medicine for Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Nursing (102)
- Management of Retinoblastoma in 2018: A Nursing Perspective (201)
- Managing Depression and Anxiety in Childhood Cancer (212)
- Janice Nuuhiwa, MSN APN CNS CPHON®
Teresa M. Conte, PhD CPNP