In today’s continuing education environment, there are many options for innovative approaches to delivering presentations. It is important for faculty to understand why particular presentation strategies are effective in creating engagement and facilitating learning. During this interactive session, participants will explore key factors that contribute to successful educational sessions based on adult learning principles.
In addition, participants will examine best practices for developing presentations based on rhetorical theories and effective communication techniques. Learners will create their own “presentation plan” to help them implement strategies to maximize learning and change in future educational sessions.
- Opening Keynote: Secrets Everyone in Health Care Needs to Know (101)
- General Session: International Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Nursing Initiatives: Challenges and Opportunities (102)
- A Sustainable Community Engagement Program Model to Address Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation Education Needs for Patients with Sickle Cell Disease (201)
- The First 6 months: Health Care in the United States under a new President (213)
- Central Line-Associated Bloodstream Infections in Pediatric Hem/Onc/BMT Patients: An Update and Appraisal of the Evidence (203)
- Mary Lowe, PhD