The care of pediatric hematology/oncology patients requires a diverse team of healthcare professionals. Interprofessional collaboration between these disciplines improves coordination of care, communication, and patient safety. However, the “how-to” of interprofessional team development is infrequently incorporated in healthcare professional training programs.
In this session, we will introduce tools for interprofessional team development and allow participants to practice collaborative communication using real-world scenarios. This experience will encourage interprofessional teams to work together in daily practice.
- Opening Keynote: Secrets Everyone in Health Care Needs to Know (101)
- General Session: International Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Nursing Initiatives: Challenges and Opportunities (102)
- It's All GREEK To Me! The NEPENTHE Trial for Relapsed/Refractory Neuroblastoma; Personalized Molecularly Targeted Treatment (200)
- A Sustainable Community Engagement Program Model to Address Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation Education Needs for Patients with Sickle Cell Disease (201)
- Nursing Management for the Successful Application of the Chimeric Antigen Receptor (CAR) T-Cell Immunotherapy (212)