3:35 – 3:55 pm Friday, September 14
Nurses working in pediatric oncology can experience unique stressors that are both professionally and personally demanding. Many pediatric oncology nurses volunteer with their local oncology camp, where there are unique opportunities for shared experiences between nurses and cancer patients/survivors outside of the clinical setting. In this session, we present findings from a mixed methods study exploring the impact of volunteering at an oncology camp on pediatric oncology nurses’ professional quality of life.
- Creating a Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Manuscript to Submit for Publication in a Nursing Journal (003)
- Opening Keynote: Never Ever Give Up! (101)
- General Session: Oral Medicine for Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Nursing (102)
- Going Viral: Review of Viral Illness and Antiviral Therapy in Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant Pediatric Patients (200)
- Management of Retinoblastoma in 2018: A Nursing Perspective (201)
- Brooke Cherven, MPH RN CPON®