Do you ever feel like your career is stuck in a rut? These engaging and inspirational sessions target this dilemma by generating professional momentum and maximizing leadership opportunities. The Leadership Course sessions are designed to remind nurses why they chose nursing and to inspire them to face each day with passion and purpose. It has been said that “You only have one chance to make a good first impression.” This is true! Etiquette competency has the potential to make or break a career. You will learn how to handle awkward and challenging situations that could diminish your confidence, tarnish your reputation, and derail your career aspirations. In addition, you will also learn how to modify your personal and professional lives to handle numerous decisions and demands that can lead to an unbalanced life.
Interested attendees must be a current APHON member, complete and submit the Leadership Series application form. Registration and application for this preconference course must be received no later than Monday, August 27, 2018.
This course is limited to the first 100 registrants. Lunch will be provided.
- Creating a Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Manuscript to Submit for Publication in a Nursing Journal (003)
- Opening Keynote: Never Ever Give Up! (101)
- Managing Depression and Anxiety in Childhood Cancer (212)
- Improving Access to Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation Clinical Trials for Patients with Sickle Cell Disease (214)
- Paper Presentation: Supporting Parents Across the Treatment Continuum — Reasons, Hopes, Risks, Expectations: Qualitative Interviews of Parents Consenting to Genomic Sequencing for their Child (204-1)