In line with APHON’s mission to optimize outcomes for pediatric cancer patients, this workshop provides pediatric hematology/oncology nurses the opportunity to learn about the five High Reliability Organization (HRO) principles, apply them to building great teams and see how HRO practices impact quality and safety provided to patients, families, and staff in pediatric healthcare.
Participants will receive instruction on the following topics:
- Overview of High-Reliability Organizational Principles
- Team Dynamics
- Team Effectiveness
- Organizational Change Management
Interested attendees must complete and submit the Leadership Series application form. Registration and application for this preconference course must be received no later than Friday, July 28, 2017.
This course is limited to the first 100 registrants. Lunch will be provided.
- Opening Keynote: Secrets Everyone in Health Care Needs to Know (101)
- General Session: International Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Nursing Initiatives: Challenges and Opportunities (102)
- A Sustainable Community Engagement Program Model to Address Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation Education Needs for Patients with Sickle Cell Disease (201)
- The First 6 months: Health Care in the United States under a new President (213)
- BMT Sim Lab: Building Safety, Motivating Learning, Helping with Transition (215)