In line with APHON’s mission to optimize outcomes for pediatric cancer patients, this workshop provides pediatric hematology/oncology nurses the opportunity to learn about the five High Reliability Organization (HRO) principles, apply them to building great teams and see how HRO practices impact quality and safety provided to patients, families, and staff in pediatric healthcare.
Participants will receive instruction on the following topics:
- Overview of High-Reliability Organizational Principles
- Team Dynamics
- Team Effectiveness
- Organizational Change Management
Interested attendees must complete and submit the Leadership Series application form. Registration and application for this preconference course must be received no later than Friday, July 28, 2017.
This course is limited to the first 100 registrants. Lunch will be provided.
- Nurse-Led Models for Enhancing the Conduct of Children’s Oncology Group Cancer Control Trials (C223)
- Strengthening the Local Chapters of APHON through Networking (LCM)
- Baseline Standards for Pediatric Oncology Nursing in Low and Mid Income Countries (226)
- Playing on Our Strengths – Developing Interprofessional Teams in Pediatric Hematology/Oncology (227)
- Advanced Practice Providers in Hem/Onc/BMT—Expanding the Provider’s Horizons (004)
David Davis, MN RN
Chandra Broadwater, MPH MFA HACP
Edahrline Salas, BSN MA RN-BC
Becca McKnight, MHA HACP