The International Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Nursing preconference workshop will introduce attendees to the current global pediatric oncology nursing landscape. A documentary vignette, “How I Live” by Persistent Productions, will provide an overview of the challenges and successes surrounding treatment in limited-resource countries through stories of patients, families, and healthcare professionals. This educational and emotionally impactful vignette will highlight the survival disparity between low- and high-income countries. Presentations featuring international initiatives and programs will follow.
Current APHON global initiatives will be presented, including the launch of the APHON Global Ambassadors program. The Global Ambassadors program serves as an extension of APHON’s Global Outreach Committee initiatives, recognizing the international activities of APHON and its members (ambassadors), and where APHON resource materials have been disseminated throughout the world. Additional presentations include the International Society of Pediatric Oncology (SIOP) Baseline Nursing Standards for Low-and Middle-Income Countries, the World Health Organization Global Childhood Cancer Initiative, as well as programs based at APHON members’ institutions in global pediatric oncology nursing.
- Closing Keynote: Why We Chose Nursing and How Nursing Continues to Choose Us (104)
- General Session: Emotional Intelligence: A Daily Practice (103)
- General Session: Controversies and Conundrums in the Use of Opioids in AYAs with Cancer (102)
- Opening Keynote: The American Nurse: Stories of Life-Changing Impact (101)
- Paper Presentation: Education Across the Cancer Care Continuum — Evidence-Based Interprofessional Palliative Care Education: Lessons for Pediatric Oncology Clinicians (204-2)
- Courtney Sullivan, MSN APRN CPNP-AC CPHON®
Linda Abramovitz, MSN RN CNS FAAN BMTCN®
Janie Avila, MSN APRN FNP-C CPON®
Julia Challinor, PhD RN MA Ed MSc Medical Anthropology
Sara Day, PhD RN
Marilyn Hockenberry, PhD RN PNP FAAN
Lisa Morrissey, MPH MSN RN CPHON®
- The cost of this preconference workshop is complimentary to APHON conference attendees.
- CNE Hours: