Join APHON member and veteran hiker Rich Ramos as he leads you on a 12-mile loop to Berry Creek Falls in the Big Basin State Park. Located less than 1 hour from downtown San Jose, Big Basin Redwoods State Park offers spectacular scenery and fun for all. The Berry Creek Falls Loop is likely the favorite hike for most outdoor enthusiasts in the San Francisco Bay Area. As the park name suggests, the 12-mile trail loop is nestled in a towering coastal redwood forest. At the loop's apex is a set of spellbinding falls (Silver Falls and Golden Falls) that rise 70 feet.
The hike is rated a 3 out of 5 difficulty and takes roughly 6 hours to complete, but 7-8 hours to make it leisurely. It demands a moderate level of fitness and the elevation change is approximately 1800 feet over the course of the hike. But the views are well worth the effort. The bus will leave the San Jose Marriott at 9 am and return after 6 pm. We will provide a sack lunch, but please bring your own water & snacks.
- Innovation in the Treatment of Pediatric Immune Thrombocytopenia (SY2)
- Meet the Challenges of Post-HSCT VOD: An Interactive Case Study of a 1-Year-Old Male With Neuroblastoma (SY1)
- Career Development Networking Event (CDW)
- Recognition Breakfast for Certified Oncology Nurses: Inspired Nurse (RB)
- Santa Cruz Wine Tour (W01)
- Berry Creek Falls in the Big Basin State Park
- $60 for APHON Annual Conference & Exhibit registrants