In today’s world, social media has become a prominent form of communication, networking, and social interaction. As access to these platforms of communication and information expand, so must our understanding of the benefits and impact on the delivery of healthcare. As patient advocates, nurses have an obligation to explore the current climate and prevalence of social media use and its impact on patients, families, and the entire healthcare team.
During this panel session, participants will explore the topic of social media and engage pediatric hematology-oncology nurses in appraising the significance and merit of social media in healthcare.
- Creating a Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Manuscript to Submit for Publication in a Nursing Journal (003)
- Opening Keynote: Never Ever Give Up! (101)
- General Session: Oral Medicine for Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Nursing (102)
- Going Viral: Review of Viral Illness and Antiviral Therapy in Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant Pediatric Patients (200)
- Management of Retinoblastoma in 2018: A Nursing Perspective (201)